Jail / Detention Center
Our primary duty is to serve our community by providing a safe, secure facility where people are treated with dignity and respect and learn to be accountable for their actions.
The county jail houses those charged and awaiting trial, those arrested on warrants, those serving sentences at the county jail, those placed on holds by Parole and Probation, those sentenced to and awaiting beds in the state prison system or Community Corrections, those sentenced by municipal courts in our county as well as others placed here on holds for other agencies.
The Jail can house subjects accused of all levels of charges. We are responsible for securely holding all of these individuals as well as providing a safe environment. Pretrial confinement is not for punishment purposes. It is merely to assure that the arrestee appears in court. Sentenced inmates, on the other hand, are here as punishment for their offense. It is the responsibility of the deputies and civilian staff to make productive use of the inmates time, but not to inflict further punishment upon them.
Inmates with last names starting with: A (Thru) M 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Thursdays
Inmates with last names starting with: N (Thru) Z 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Sundays
RULES FOR VISITATION
- All visitors must sign the visitation log on the counter before visiting an inmate.
- You must be listed on the inmate’s visitor list to visit an inmate.
- Visitors will be asked to provide photo identification.
- Each inmate is allowed ONE 20-minute visit each visitation day. Only up to three visitors per inmate in the visitation room at a time. NO EXCEPTIONS ALLOWED.
- No felons NO EXCEPTIONS ALLOWED.
- No children under three.
- Nothing can be brought inside the jail when you are visiting an inmate. This includes purses, packages, sacks, books, food, beverages, etc. Any visitor who attempts to bring any unauthorized item into the jail may be permanently denied visitation in the Little River County Jail, and may be subject to criminal prosecution.
- There is no smoking allowed in the front lobby or in the visitation room. There is a designated area to the side of the Sheriff’s office.
- Small children will be kept under control and not allowed to interfere with other visitors. If you are unable to control your child/children, you will be asked to remove them from the building.
- If a visitor becomes unruly or does not leave when asked to do so by jail personnel, he/she will not be allowed to visit an inmate again.
Thank you for your cooperation.
- Only Law Enforcement personnel, Sheriff’s Office employees and service technicians are permitted in the jail unless approved by the Sheriff.
- No mail will be hand delivered to an inmate. All mail must be received through the postal service. All mailing should be addressed as follows:
Little River Co Sheriff's Office
351 N 2nd st
Ashdown, Ar. 71822
To add money to Little River County inmate account you can utilize:
- Internet deposit at www.csgpay.com (credit or debit card)
- Phone deposit at (877)618-3516 (credit or debit card)
- Front lobby of the Sheriff’s Office kiosk.
- The Little River County Does not accept over the counter medications for inmates.
If you have additional questions related to the
Little River County Jail
please call (870)898-7222